- A leading healthcare technology and benefit management company in the Chicago market looked to GTS to design and implement a variable staffing model for their Project Management Office (“PMO”). GTS provided interim Director, Program Management and Project Management resources to rapidly upgrade and grow the capabilities of the PMO, all while ensuring the talent provided had a combination of PM and healthcare skills and experiences.
- A GTS team of IT consultants served as an outsourced arm of a large health care consortium here in the Chicago area. Under the Client’s management, the team was responsible for the desktop refresh effort across the enterprise. In addition, the team worked with individual departments within the health care consortium for special projects (i.e., upgrades of new hardware/applications, implementation of new technology, etc.). Also, due to our “contract-to-hire” staffing solution, this Client hired over 15 GTS contract professionals to their permanent staff.
- A large healthcare system in the Chicago market needed additional IT infrastructure and Project Management resources to implement an EMR upgrade. GTS supplied a team of qualified IT consultants to successfully implement EMR capabilities
- A leading healthcare system in the Chicago market needed additional IT assistance to achieve Meaningful Use (MU) requirements/standards (Stage 1 and Stage 2), across all in-patient and ambulatory facilities. A team of GTS consultants was assembled to drive the rollout of EMR technology, system access, terminals and other access points for electronic patient information in order to achieve MU per federal standards.
- A large hospital was constructing and moving to a new start-of-the-art, high-tech facility. GTS provided a variety of technical talent to support the technical build out and the post move go-live, including resources to support various infrastructure initiatives, and to supplement the service desk post-move in anticipation of an increase in help desk calls and technical support service requests.
- GTS partnered with a global not-for-profit to populate a newly created service desk. GTS provided a team of four contract professionals to staff the 24/7 global service desk. GTS also engaged a service desk manager to coordinate the individuals working on each of the three shifts.
- GTS was selected as a preferred IT services vendor by a market leading financial services firm to provide IT staffing services across the entire range of IT roles and responsibilities. GTS to date has successfully placed IT professionals in project management, business analysis, software development and infrastructure support roles for this Client.
IT Software Development
- GTS was engaged by a leading custom software development firm to augment their systems development teams. GTS provided several consultants who delivered technical capabilities across all phases of software lifecycle development including business analysis and advanced web-based software engineering.
- GTS was engaged in a staff augmentation partnership whereby the service desk was comprised of 80% GTS contract professionals and 20% internal customer employees, all of whom were providing first- and second-level support to both internal and external users. The GTS team of 15 was onsite for more than two years for this project effort before the service desk was moved overseas.
- For this Client, a team of GTS consultants supported the rollout of a new version of our Client’s proprietary application that runs in book stores on college campuses across the United States. The team worked with these stores to update all hardware and software and ensure connectivity. In addition, they troubleshot issues related to the proprietary software application.
- GTS entered into a staff augmentation partnership with an airline to staff their customer service desk. In this partnership, GTS provided approximately 75% of the contract professionals and the Client provided the remaining 25% along with all leadership and management. This multi-year engagement included approximately 25 GTS Service Desk staff.
- In an effort to create a more standard approach to providing IT services to end users, GTS worked with a Client to create a service desk and the GTS team was brought in to support the end user community in conjunction with a handful of internal Client employees. Using ITIL best practices, the team responded to all levels and types of technical issues both over the telephone and via email. The initiative initially required a team of 14 and through our “contract-to-hire” staffing solution, this Client hired many of GTS’ contract professionals to their permanent staff. GTS continues to support the service desk with staff augmentation services today.
- GTS partnered with a retail services organization to expand their LAN/WAN team with GTS consultants. Our ability to be flexible allowed the Client to respond to their fluctuating staffing needs while also giving them a contract-to-hire conversion option. To date, the company has hired more than 10 GTS professionals across all areas of LAN/WAN, including UNIX, Wintel, Cisco and storage platforms.
- This project effort required a project team of two team leaders and 14 contract professionals for four months. GTS was responsible for all desktop hardware and software inventory to prepare for a company business unit separation. This project involved more than 1,500 desktops.
- A GTS team of 13 provided all levels of support, over the telephone and desk side, for the end user computing domain. Issues range from hardware and software problems, to connectivity, to application support both for shrink-wrapped applications, as well as proprietary trading applications.
- GTS employed a project team of ten contract professionals who were responsible for the installation of the new images for the enterprise environment, including all workstations and laptops.
- GTS provided a collection of three team leaders, a project manager and approximately 5 to 15 contract professionals for this initiative. It was GTS’ responsibility to prepare desktop computers, printers and any other technical devices to be moved from one location to another. This included breaking down and setting up the user’s equipment and verifying connectivity.
- GTS engaged in a staff augmentation partnership whereby the Network Operations Center was comprised of 60% GTS contract professionals and 40% internal customer employees, all of whom were monitoring and troubleshooting network outages cross the enterprise. GTS’ team varied in size from 4 to 16 and was engaged for approximately 18 months.
- GTS assembled a team of four network engineers and a project manager to assist with the relocation of a data center. The project manager was not only responsible for designing and implementing the component arrangement in the new data center, but also for leading the team of 4 network engineers in breaking down and refitting the existing components, along with newly acquired equipment, into the new data center.
- GTS partnered with a technical outsourcing organization that was supporting an international company within the Chicago marketplace to provide IT staff augmentation services. We provided a team of seven contract professionals who provided day-to-day support of the server environment. Responsibilities included, but were not limited to, end user account creation and administration, hardware and software upgrades, network security and server backups.
- A large healthcare services client needed to expand its implementation team with Data Analysts to accommodate the on-boarding of new clients during peak new business acquisition periods. GTS provided a team of Data Analysts well versed in ETL, SQL, data quality/review and other data management tools.